Advertisement

Do more by Doing less - 80|20 rule

Do more by Doing less - 80|20 rule 1) Its always 80 + 20 = 100

Undermining the true essence of 80/20 rule. Important thing to remember about the rule is, it states the imbalance and it could be any ratio. You might find it as 60/3 if 60% of results are caused by just 3% of total efforts.

2) If I keep applying 80/20 rule, eventually I will end up with nothing

As mentioned in point #1, application of this rule is not totally mathematical. We have limited time and its not possible to complete every task that we have on our plate. So, using this rule, you can pick top 20% tasks that produce the most results and later spend remaining time on less productive 80%.

3) I just can’t eliminate any of the stuff that falls in 20%

When I talk about this rule to my friends, they often tell me that they can’t ignore any task just because its less important, everything needs to be done. I totally agree but I’m suggesting to stop reading mails just because you spend lot of time on it. Time is a valuable resource & your goal should be to optimise it. So, if Sales meetings aren’t contributing much to sales, have shorter meetings.

#TheParetoPrinciple #80/20Rule #xpressoshots #breakfreeconsulting #mobilelearning #bitesizelearning #virtualmentoring #virtualtraining #anytimeanywherelearning #sociallearning #corporatehippie #growthmindset #personaldevelopment #personalgrowth #successmindset #Paretochart #lawofthevitalfew #JosephMJuran #VilfredoPareto

80/20

Post a Comment

0 Comments